Adolescence is the time when young people seek increasing independence and
experience physical, social and emotional change which can be difficult to manage
but also creates many exciting opportunities.
Raising Teens with Confidence aims to give parents and carers increased
understanding about how they can best support their teenage children to navigate
this time of change and help promote resilience.
Drawing on the latest research in teenage brain development and mental and
emotional wellbeing the course gives parents the opportunity to explore together
how the teenage years can be a time for the whole family to ‘thrive rather than just
survive!’ (Siegel 2014)
The course will be delivered by Action for Children and consists of 6 x 2 hour sessions covering the following topics.
- Introductory Session: Why what you do matters
- The Amazing Teenage Brain: What’s going on in there?
- Risky Business: Managing adventure, risk and resilience
- It’s Good To Talk: The importance of staying connected
- The Brain Under Stress: Overcoming setbacks and promoting resilience
- Looking After Your Wellbeing: Coping with the changes
The twilights will run through September to October 2019 – Dates TBC.
Click here for more information: Raising Teens Leaflet
When will this start x
Hi, it’s likely to be Thursday the 12th September at 6.30 but I will confirm and send out texts.
I will attend this, can you let me know details when you get them please?