Invergordon Academy Dress Code
We reviewed our dress code in December 2015 with the help of pupils and parents. Thank you to everyone who took part in the survey. We are very glad that the popular opinion is that pupils should look smart in school.
We have revised our dress code guidelines based on the feedback.
School dress code can be a big expense for a family and so we would ask that we move towards the smarter look by the new session in August 2016.
The preferred dress code
- All pupils wear a school tie with a white or black school shirt
- A plain black jumper or cardigan can be worn with this
- Trousers or skirts should be black
- The school will provide every S1 pupil with a tie during their transition visit
- Ties will be the only item that needs bought from a specific supplier
Points to note
- Skirts should be a reasonable length
- Leggings and joggers are not acceptable outside of PE
- Black jeans become grey jeans after a number of washes and no longer look smart
- Sleeveless, collarless blouses are not appropriate with a school tie.
- There are no restrictions on foot wear other than health & safety concerns
- Excessive hair colourings or large jewellery are not considered appropriate for school
- Outdoor clothing including scarves, hats, gloves, etc should not be worn around the school
- All pupils have a locker provided to store their outdoor clothes securely
There is popular demand for school blazers. The school would love to see pupils in black blazers. These can be bought from a range of shops. If this option proves popular we will look into finding a supplier of sew on school badges for blazers.
In order to be flexible we will keep the option for S1-3 pupils only to wear school logo items as an alternative to a school tie. Senior pupils (S4-6) are expected to wear a shirt and tie.
The items with school logo available are
- A black knitted pullover
- A black knitted girls cardigan
- A black zipped sweatshirt
- A black v neck sweatshirt
- A white polo shirt
- A white T-shirt
- A white girls fitted polo shirt
These items can be ordered online from: www.macgregorschoolwear.co.uk
Or from their shop at MacGregor Industrial Supplies, 15-17 Henderson Road, Inverness, IV1 1SN.