Invergordon Academy Dress Code
At school our primary function is to prepare our young people for the world of work, therefore, the standard of dress is of paramount importance.
We have been consulting pupils on dress-code throughout the year. We are very glad that the popular opinion is that pupils should look smart in school.
School dress-code can be a big expense for a family and so we are keen to promote a smart but affordable solution.
The preferred dress-code:
- ALL pupils wear a school tie with a white or black school shirt
In order to be flexible we will keep the option for S1 – S3 pupils only to wear existing school logo items as an alternative to a shirt and school tie while stocks last. (Please note that our dress-code suppliers are not re-stocking old dress-code items.)
ALL S4 –S6 pupils MUST wear shirt and school tie.
- All new S1 receive a free tie
- S1-3 will continue with current tie due to stock levels – new tartan tie will be phased in year by year
- S4-6 pupils will be provided with the new blue/black tartan school tie as voted for by Senior pupils. They will receive their free tie in August 2018
- A plain black jumper or cardigan can be worn with shirt and tie but collar and tie must be visible
- Polo-necks and other jumpers/tops unsuitable for shirt/tie are not permitted
- Trousers or skirts should be black
- Pupils have voted for a new hoodie It will be grey and zipped (so tie is visible – very small sizes are not zipped)
- All S1-3 pupils will receive one free hoodie (this year only)
- S4-6 pupils can buy their own school hoodie should they wish
- Only school hoodies can be worn during the school day from August 2018
Additional hoodies can be ordered online from: www.macgregorschoolwear.co.uk
Or from their shop at MacGregor Industrial Supplies, 15-17 Henderson Road, Inverness, IV1 1SN.
The updated dress-code takes full effect from August 2018. Thank you for your support.