Adolescence is the time when young people seek increasing independence and experience physical, social and emotional change which can be difficult to manage
but also creates many exciting opportunities.
Raising Teens with Confidence aims to give parents and carers increased understanding about how they can best support their teenage children to navigate
this time of change and help promote resilience.
This free course aims to give all parents and carers the latest findings from evidence and research to explain what influences the development of positive mental health and emotional wellbeing, and why what you do makes such a difference.
Over six two-hour sessions we will cover the following topics:
- The Teenage Years: Why What You Do Matters!
- The Amazing Teenage Brain: What’s Going on in There?
- Risky Business: Managing Adventure, Risk and Resilience.
- It’s Good to Talk: The Importance of Staying Connected.
- The Brain Under Stress: Overcoming Setbacks and Promoting Resilience
- Looking After Your Own Wellbeing: Coping with the Changes.
The twilights will run from Thursday 16th April 6.30-8.30pm in our Geography classroom .
For more information or to book your place, please contact:
Carol Lawson – Carol.Lawson@actionforchildren.org.uk, 01463 717227 / 07921092969
or contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org, 01349 852362
Click here for course invititaion form: Raising Teens With Confidence Invite